The freakin' Friendzone Part I, By Neph




Ok, the friendzone. A very unfortunate situation to be in, and also a very popular one these days. Perhaps because we just gave it a name.. Anyways, what’s the friendzone? The friendzone is when someone has an unrequited love for their friend. Oh I think it may involve telling that person and get the “I only see you as a friend” answer (ouch). But I’m not sure so let’s stick with the unrequited love thing. I’ll take it one gender at a time cause from what I see we have different views on it. Oh I’m a girl btw. So, let’s start with the general stuff that goes for both sexes. Are you in it? Well usually it’s plainly obvious, but when we like someone we tend to pick on the tiniest things just to keep the hope going; especially us girls. 


  • First of all ask one of your close friends (a subjective one, not a suck up) their opinion. If they haven’t thought of it, tell them to observe you two next time you go out. It’s much easier for a third party to tell, but of course it’s not definite.  
  • How long have you two been friends? If it’s a long time (let’s say above a year) and nothing physical has ever happened, then you might actually be in it. Friendship and time grow linearly, so I’m sorry but if you wait forever to make ANY kind of move, then they are bound to see you as a friend (whether they liked you as more in the first place or not) because that’s what you’re giving them.
  • This is a bit impolite, but it’s true so I’m gonna say it anyway. Do you have a vast difference in weight, age, education or appearance? Again, I know it’s impolite but it’s a general rule that we all tend to like people similar to us in education and looks. I’m not saying you have to be the same, but usually when the difference is great in any one of these, you are more at risk to be seen as only a friend.
  • Are they currently in a relationship? Are you kidding me? Keep looking mate, and “do unto others what you as you would have them do unto you”. Ok I’m quoting the bible now, but seriously don’t be a jerk/slut and try to split couples. Forget them and move on, at least until they’re single again.
  • Do they call you anything that has to do with family? Like little brother, little sister, niece, cousin or anything? Bad luck mate. And ouch.
  • Do they talk about potential lovers with you? Actually this is not THAT bad considering they might do it to check if you’re jealous. But if they’ve done it more than once, or they tell you they really like them, or you see any type of action supporting what they say, then it’s not that good.
  • Do they keep reminding you you’re just a friend? This is a huge red light and us girls do it all the time (at least I do) if we notice that you may like us and we want to tell you your place without ruining the friendship. I’ll be honest, I’m not sure if guys do it too, but they’re usually oblivious when a female friend likes them, unless she’s giving him signs all over the place.
  • Do they offer to hook you up with someone they know, without you asking them first? Oh my, nothing to do here, move on. 




Ok these are the most obvious signs I could think of that put you in that terrible zone. If you have more than one or two.. SO sorry first of all, and also check part II to see ways to try to get out. I’ll divide it into two sections, according to the gender you’re trying to get.

xxx,
Neph



Σχόλια

Δημοφιλείς αναρτήσεις